Saturday, March 27, 2010

Collecting Dead Flowers

I HAVE A FETISH...

I have a thing for Lenox. I've mentioned this before. I don't know why but about 10 years ago I fell in love with a vase at the Lenox Outlet - unfortunately the store is no longer around - and ever since then I have been hooked.

It's a weird hobby. Then again I've been known to collect odd things, for instance my antique postcard collection. I have probably 35-40 different Lenox vases. My favorite style, the Catalan, is no longer around. The Catalan, aforementioned, was the first vase I bought.

Also discontinued are the Lenox lamps. Unfortunately I never bought one. I'll have to start hunting around on eBay.

I'm not really sure why I bring all this up. Other than the fact that I'm staring an empty one right now: The daffodils I bought last week died an early death. I put them in the vase and then a couple days later I was wondering why they were all wittered. "They usually last a lot longer than that," I said. The vase was dry as a bone. I never filled it with water.

4 comments:

A Lewis said...

Don't even get me started on fetishes. Wouldn't be as pretty as a vase.

Anonymous said...

So sad to see the calendar winding down to April. I'm going to miss your daily posts. Your daily tid-bits give me comfort in knowing that my life is "normal". I will say yours is a little more exciting.

Ur-spo said...

that doesn't sound so bad!

Lemuel said...

So... you're saying that cut flowers need water. Hoowoodathunk. :-D (I usually put water in but then forget to keep water there - with any indoor plant.)