Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Little Mishap at the Urinal

I POP VITAMINS LIKE AN ADDICT SHOTS HEROIN...

I've been taking a multitude of supplements for nearly 20 years. I switch out the brands but generally I take a good, basic multivitamin and then an Omega (fish oil) supplement. It's so routine I don't even have to think about it. Though sometimes I'll have to prompt myself: Did I take my vitamin? I'll retrace my steps. Did I go into the cabinet this morning? Or if at work, did I open my desk draw?

Yesterday, at work in between meetings, I grabbed a protein bar, water and reached for my vitamins. I took out the two daily ones and the two Omega's. They're big pills but over the years I've been able to handle 4-6 large vitamins in my mouth and swallow with one large gulp of water. So I throw them in my mouth, take a swig of water, throw my head back in a swallow when I noticed that my mouth didn't seem as full. They went down to easily. I didn't think too much of it...went about my morning.

A little while later, while the water (and coffee) spent enough time in my bladder, it was time to visit the rest room. At the urinal, undoing my pants I felt a tickling in my shirt, then something slide into my underwear, down my leg and then into my shoe. A stray vitamin that had apparently missed my mouth, fell down my shirt. I chuckled as I peed with the vitamin now in my shoe. Standing there I said to myself, "I'll half to take it out and use it." After all they're not cheap vitamins and it's only touched my body. As I zipped up and went to walk over to the sink it fell out of my shoe onto the bathroom floor.

What do you think? Did I picked it up and take it?


Reminder, today is the second to last day of March's daily posts. It's hard to believe it's gone by so fast.

6 comments:

rjjs8878 said...

I think you picked it up but tossed it in the trash.

A Lewis said...

And I think you picked it up and popped that sucker to the back of your throat just like I would have. Stuff like that sort of entertains me....and does not gross me out. Pop it, baby!

Tom said...

You picked it out of you shoe, looked at it (for only a mili-second) took it in your right hand, popped it into you mouth, and had a slurp of water to wash it down.... Am I right?

Peter said...

You popped it in your mouth and swallowed while thinking 'why waste good money'.

Only one day to go... hope it won't stop you from regular writing a post.

Anonymous said...

I think you left it on the floor... or at least used a tissue to pick it up. Don't touch the bathroom floor!!!

Rick said...

Thanks everyone for your feedback. Anonymous was the closest to the real answer.

The fact of the matter is that when it fell out of my shoe, it landed near a puddle of urine - not my own mind you, I have a better aim.

I left it there.