Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Little Smattering of Updates

So my boy is safe: Last night Tim Urban was in the bottom (ahem) three but was spared in the final 15 minutes. Once I found he was safe, I shut the TV off. Lacy and some other girl, whose name escapes me, were to be eliminated. I didn't care much for either. Going to bed was a better choice than watching the rest of American Idol.

My sump pump is still churning. Dry basement though. Lots of ground water. The sound of the pump running for fifteen seconds and then shutting off and then in another minute and a half - trust me I've timed it - starting again is annoying but, like I said, a dry basement. I shouldn't complain.

Bandit's really enjoying the dog walker, as am I. She comes around lunchtime and will leave me a nice little note about his walk and play time. I feel like a father reading my kid's report card: Bandit is such a good boy. He played well with Seamus, loves to play fetch and is always excited to see me. He's all empty - pee'd and pooped on the walk.

The weather has just been splendid, despite the still soggy ground. Last night I planted eight Astilbe plants that I got from a mail order catalog. They came a lot earlier than I expected. I still haven't purchased the shade garden that I told you about. I'll do that next month.


Today is the 18th post of my pledge to blog every day for the month of March. It's been fun. I enjoy it. Next month I'm not sure what I'm going to do (other than go here). I still have a week or so to think about it.

(pause)

I just got side-tracked. Must be my ADD kicking in. Somehow I wound on another browser and created my own Ford Fusion Hybrid, $33,000! Expensive! But I love those car sites where you can build your own vehicle, pick out the colors and options. I've never been much for American cars but I do like the new Ford line up. Besides their stock prices have risen over 600% since I bought in. Too bad I only invested a $100 worth.


Till tomorrow...

3 comments:

Lemuel said...

Your sump pump sound should be a very comforting sound. Annoying as it is, it is working and saving you thousands on cleanups or repairs.
My wife works in a (human) preschool and she writes daily notes to the parents on what their children did that day. I think it is cute that Bandit's walker does the same.

madtexter ☺☺☺☺☺☺ (corey james) said...

That's really great that your dog walker leaves notes about Bandit. If I were you, I'd keep them tucked away in a scrapbook with photos of Bandit that you take over the years. You may just have the workings of a story to write someday.

Michael Rivers said...

Cute about the dog walker! I'd love getting the notes too.

Spring is really hitting Minneapolis and I'm loving it!