Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Mish Mash Wednesday

I went to bed early last night and got up late. Not a lot of time to write much here but write I must; I want to stick to plan of 31 posts in March. Today is the 10th post.

God it's the 10th already, hard to believe. This weekend we set the clocks ahead. It's already been getting a lot lighter when I come home from work. Don't you love that? The daytime getting longer. Well after this weekend it'll be more pronounced. Woo hoo! I love the thoughts of warmer weather approaching, working out in the yard till real late, having cookouts, having the windows open, screens on the storm doors etc, wearing shorts and t-shirts. I could go on and on.

Speaking of this weekend, I'm trying to plan my free day but I've pretty much had ever imaginable sinful food one could want on this diet. It might be a pretty blase free day. It'll probably wind up being an ordinary pre-diet Saturday eating schedule : cereal for breakfast and some toast, iced coffee at lunch, maybe a snack of hummus and pita or peanuts in the afternoon. Dinner to include appetizers, wine and a roast chicken or steak, potatoes or rice and some vegetables. I don't know. We'll see.

I watched American Idol last night. The only girl I like is Kristyn (?) Bowersox. She did the Tracy Chapman song. I also like Cara, the judge, her feedback is probably the best. Tonight it's the boys. I haven't watched much of it to have a favorite guy. If I'm not preoccupied, I'll try and catch it.

Over and out...

Rick

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy your daily blogs, they are really interesting.

Keep 'em up!

hh

Michael Rivers said...

Happy Wednesday. I forgot we move the time this weekend!

A Lewis said...

Bowersox!

Ur-spo said...

my grandfather drank iced coffee; back then he was the only one in the world who did so; it is funny to see others doing so now.

wcs said...

We don't change our clocks until the 28th in Europe. I long for summer, too. Doesn't get dark here until well after 10 pm around the solstice. And I've almost forgotten about shorts and tee-shirts!