Monday, March 08, 2010

My Weekend Overview

What a great weekend! The weather this weekend was just splendid!

Saturday. As I went to bed around 9 on Friday night, I got up early Saturday morning. I wrote in my blog, had a few cups of cofee, showered and was headed out to errands by 8:30: breakfast, pick up dry cleaning, get new glasses and contacts, groceries at Trader Joe's, more groceries at Stop and Shop and then a stop at Coffee Time to pick up my free-day sin. I tried a Packzi, a polish donut filled with real cream and strawberries. It was delicious but I but I could only eat about three bites, full from breakfast. I just wanted a taste.

A Coffee Time Paczki

We got back to the house around 11:30 and took Bandit for a walk out in the warm sun. It was about 50 degrees out. It felt like a heat wave. We walked past the Olde Salem Jail renovation. It's looking good. Their still looking for a restaurateur to lease one of the floors. There's a big debate about parking, a little green space affront the building is supposed to be turned into a small parking lot. While I'd like to keep it a park, I'm a bit agnostic. If it brings in a first rate restaurant then maybe I'd feel differently.

Progress on the Olde Salem Jail

By the time we got back from our walk, our movie date, Chris' 12 year old goddaughter, had arrived for us to go see Alice in Wonderland. Off we went to lunch at Fuddruckers (not even hungry) and Jordan's IMAX theater.

I loved the movie. Visually stunning. That theater is best for 3D and the seats spacious and comfortable. Johnny Depp plays insanity so well. And the wicked queen, wonderful!

After the movie, we dropped our date back home and headed back to our house and fed Bandit. I went out to get my car washed, for it was a mess. We spent the night do nothing. Oh but later that night we did head out to top off my free day with fried scallops and clams.


Sunday. Weather was once again spectacular. After Saturday's eating frenzy it felt good to get back on my diet: one egg with a 1/2 cup of egg whites, black beans and mixed vegetables for breakfast.

After reading through the Sunday paper, it was out into the yard. There I spent pretty much the entire day. I filled five huge bags of yard waste, twigs and branches that had fallen from the trees in the big storm we had a couple weeks ago. I also pruned the overgrown forsythia and rose of sharon.

Lunch was a protein bar. Dinner a pork chop, more black beans and asparagus.

At night we popped in Bruno. It was pretty stupid, funny in spots but I couldn't get through the whole thing. In bed at 9:30.

So there's my weekend. How was yours?

5 comments:

Michael Rivers said...

I can't even make myself attempt to watch "Bruno."

Anonymous said...

Your weekend was much more exciting than mine... I think my highlight was doing a load of laundry. It's sad to think that while we sit around bored that everyone else lives such an exciting life. Reality is there's really not much going on.

Ur-spo said...

All I did was paperwork and taxes, no fried shrimp for me, boo-hoo.

Lemuel said...

One of the perks of living in New England is the seafood. You are so lucky.
It was a beautiful weekend, wasn't it!

Roxanne said...

I've always meant to try that Coffee Time place - I think I need to try one of those!