Monday, March 22, 2010

Pay Now? Why When I Can Get It for Free

It appears as if health care passed the House and is on its way to Obama. While I feel every American should have a form of "basic" health care, my concern is that this bill will, in years to come, financially cripple America.  Everybody wants something for free. Someday, when that over the limit credit card comes in, you need to do without and pay it down or file for bankruptcy. Nobody wants to pay now.
America's Surmounting Debt (Photo: The Peter G. Peterson Foundation)

5 comments:

drshake said...

I wouldn't worry about the debt. Like the rest of us, US Gov could sell some acres, it owns 3 out of 10 in US according to GSA.

A Lewis said...

While I am a big fan of needing health care reform, I will be interested to see how this bill plays out in actuality. In the years to come. On so many levels.

Anonymous said...

When MA opened up MassHealth to pretty much everyone with their hand out, it helped lure a lot of poverty to the state. That's pretty much what this bill is going to do for this country. The next big agenda is going to be immigration reform. Free health care and and open door for aliens. This country is destined for destruction. America as you know it is at the beginning of the end. I'm thankful that I don't have any children to leave this country to when I pass away. Maybe we can survive until 2012, but the next president already has his work cut out for him/her.

Ur-spo said...

I am extremely pessimistic and in a few years the country will collapse into economic disaster and bankruptcy - how can it not, given such debt? I have never studied economics - but this strikes me as common sense?

Rick said...

DrShake -- I suppose we could lease Yellowstone to the Chinese or sell off Yosemite and make it into condos. I don't think so.