Monday, March 01, 2010

Posting Everyday

I've decided for the month of March to post 31 posts in 31 days. After March 31st I can't promise anything. In April, we'll see how it goes. Though, as you may recall, I'm going to Mexico and I do not intend to have Internet access. That vacation will be sans technology and just rest, relaxation, eating and alcohol. : )

So what's a gay man to write about thirty-one times? (Especially now that he can no longer complain about his hunk o' junk laptop.)

This website I belong to called NaBloPoMo suggests this month's theme to be about strange stuff or strangers. I don't know. As a middle aged gay man... Am I really middle aged? Does 43 count? Did I tell you AARP sent me an invitation the other day? Dear good Lord in heaven. I tore up that thing like Kirstie Alley on a box of Oreos. Anyway, as I was saying, as a middle aged gay man that has survived a gay divorce, has been writing a book for about 75 years (wait the maths not adding up), votes republican more than his gay card allows and is now happily coupled with the excess 15 pounds to prove it, I think I'm odd enough.

We will see what this month's posts shall muster. Any suggestions just forward to my publicist, Bandit.

8 comments:

Lemuel said...

At 43, I do not think you qualify for AARP, but don't knock it. We've very, very much recouped the minimal fee in discounts. :)

Rick said...

It said I had to be 50 to qualify. Why do they think I'm 50? Let's not push it.

tornwordo said...

Good luck posting daily. At least it will be easy with your new machine.

A Lewis said...

Oh, I think you'll come up with enough fodder. Think outside the box, the strange, the crazy. That's what we're all nuts for!

Peter said...

In Gay years you're geriatric and in need of a Depend inlay. Since most Gay guys think that when you're over thirthy, you're over the hill.

In my book you are just as young as you feel like. Yesterday I was 26 and today I feel my age...

Anonymous said...

If you start writing about the lack of common sense we all run into on a daily basis, you'll be here longer than a month. For instance, Friday, the beginning of my 48 hours without heat or power, the people in the apartment upstairs called an electrician to determine why they didn't have power...no one else in the state did, so why should they? Needless to say, he left very quickly!

Michael Rivers said...

Good luck. What a great goal!

Ur-spo said...

good luck!
I am glad though to hear you will post this frequently.