Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Spotting a Fox

Welcome to 2 of 31 posts for the month of March here on Bandit Talks.

Bandit, my publicist/agent/manager/dog, has informed me of a few of your suggestions. However I will save those for later but keep them coming. You can send him a note via the Comment section below or email.

So onto today's post...


Strange, in a way.

Last night letting Bandit out to go the bathroom, a fox ran across the yard. Bandit barked and scared it away. I screamed (such a nelly.) He ran after it till his lead stopped him.

Chris had seen it the other day so we've been very careful not to leave Bandit out unattended. The fox must be dining on the plethora of squirrels we have living in the back woods.

I called the non-emergency police number. They told me there was nothing they could do because it's a wild animal. "They're all over the city," he said.

That left me hopeless. I don't know what to do about it. Any suggestions?

I'm sure he's got a nice little den in my back yard. Maybe even one sporting a flat screen tv. He (or she) is beautiful but I'd rather opt for not having a pack (is that what a group of foxes is called?) living in the back woods.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spend more time in your yard. The fox doesn't want your company either. He/she will seek a quieter area.

Michael Rivers said...

I laughed at your, "I screamed" remark. I would have done the same thing!

A Lewis said...

Anonymous is right....make it quite obvious that there is activity. Also, we have the same trouble here even in inner-city Portland. Fox and COYOTE. Plenty of them. No small pets are allowed outside after dark.....seriously. Not alone after dark outside.

Maddog said...

I don't know that I would have even known it was a fox. We have skunks in the park across the street and I'm always afraid they are going to get me as I come home. I fear that more than muggers.

Lemuel said...

You will want to be wary. Do not let Bandit out at night unattended (or during the day for that matter). Foxes are generally wary of humans, but not if they are rabid or if they become use to the presence of humans.

Rick said...

Maddog you made me laugh.

Thanks everyone for the advice.