Friday, April 30, 2010

The Final Day of April

As you know today is April 30th and being that I haven't posted all that much this month, after March's posting everyday, I figured I'd close out the month with a new post.

The month has flown by. The weather here in New England has been all things: wet, beautiful and cold. Lucky for me a lot of the cold was while I was in Mexico. The timing was right.

Last night I finally got the last of the perennials in the ground. Eight plants I hadn't gotten to last Saturday are now nestled on the upper lot. I hope they do well. That's still not everything; two shrubs are back ordered and will arrive in the fall.

Work has been busy.

Today I'm hoping to get sign off on a document that I've been working on for the last two months. This one is about 20 pages of requirements with about 100 more in design details. (I should get paid by the page.) I always feel such a sense of accomplishment when I print out the final document. First thing I do is pour through it to make sure it looks good, page breaks are good, graphs and pictures are properly positioned, table of contents is right. Then I re-read it for about the billionth time.

Okay, I'm off! This weekend more yard work, friends down from New Hampshire and a birthday party on the south shore.

2 comments:

Lemuel said...

Have a great weekend.

Ur-spo said...

Indeed, have a good weekend !