Monday, May 03, 2010

A Day Off

Today I am taking the day off, using an extra vacation day. It's the first day in several months where I don't have any meetings and I could use the time to get some extra yard work in.

However wouldn't you know, this morning I awoke to bad stomach cramps and could barely make it to the bathroom. I felt like I was back in Mexico. Hopefully it was a one time thing and it won't ruin my day. That being said, parts of eastern Massachusetts has had a boil water issuance due to a pipe breakage but my area was not affected -- if drunk without boiling could lead to dysentery. Anyway...

Yesterday we went to Franklin, Massachusetts for a birthday party. (Maybe I ate something funky there. They were also not affected by the water main breakage.) We had a good time. The weather was like mid-July, approaching 90.

On Saturday, we had a new retaining wall put it on the upper lot. My friend from New Hampshire came down and tore out the old rotted one and replaced it with new beams. This one has fence posts for me to put a chain up. I figured this would give the two halves of the lot some contrast, more decorative than functional. While he was building the fence, his partner, Chris and I spent most of Saturday weeding by the shed. What a mess! I've still got more to do, hence the day off.

It's drizzling out right now. Hopefully it will clear up soon.

4 comments:

Jabacue said...

Just found your blog through 'Sticky Crows'.
Yes, a day off every now and then is good for the soul. We call them 'mental health days'.

Ur-spo said...

I hope your stomach calms down soon.

Peter said...

Hope everything came out all right in the end.

Lemuel said...

Sometimes those "spontaneous" days off are the best. I hope you were able to accomplish a lot.