Sunday, May 09, 2010

The Heat is On

Wow is it windy out! And chilly...

The furnace had been enjoying a hiatus over the last several weeks. This morning I turned it on to take out the chill. It had been nice not having to turn on the heat. In fact, for awhile there I was tempted to turn on the air conditioners: The third floor was stifling at night but I can't allow myself to do so until June.

Another reason I turned on the heat was that we have the kids over. I didn't want them to be too cold.

Last night we took them for Chinese food, ice cream and out to see Iron Man 2. I liked the movie. It was very entertaining. Mickey Rourke was very good as the villain and loved Scarlett Johansson too.

Ghost World! That's the movie I saw Scarlett Johansson in before she was famous. I love that movie. I rented it years ago when Netflix first came out. Ghost World is an excellent movie, one of those quirky dramatic comedies. Definitely rent it if you haven't seen it.

My goodness kids stay up late. It was 1:30 before they went to bed. It didn't help that we didn't get home from the movies till almost midnight. And one of them had a Monster drink (caffeinated beverages). But they get up later too.

Oh well...off for now.

4 comments:

Jabacue said...

Will check out 'Ghost World'....I like Scarlet too.
Must be kids weekend! We only looked after our nieces ( 3 years and 5 years) for over an hour yesterday. They are adorable but when one is not used to all the chatter and giggling, it was nice when we dropped them off. Can't imagine 'sitting' for a weekend. You guys are good!

Ur-spo said...

It is hard to imagine anywhere being cool enough for a heater; we are fighting not turning on the AC!

Peter said...

How often do you have the 'kids'? Just think of it that it's for them also a short break, at least you had fun and that's the main thing.

Lemuel said...

The wind finally(!) died down here and the temps dropped nearly to freezing last night. We ended up turning on the heat again too.