Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I've Been Caught Red Panted


Awhile back I wrote a post on how incredulous I thought it was to be seen in public wearing one's pajamas. I jinxed myself; last night I was caught.

During the day, Edwin, the painter, had done some work on the upper lot. Chris came home late, typical as of late but that's a whole other story. I was already in my pajamas by the time he got in but wanted to show him the work the painter did. So I traipsed my butt up the street in my Dr. Pepper pajama bottoms, comfy blue slippers and Newport sweatshirt. I was still on my property and didn't think too much of it.

As we were inspecting Edwin's work, one neighbor, who I happen to work with, drove down the street. He looked, looked again then waved. He's used to seeing me all dressed up at work. And then my other neighbor came out her house with her dog. She saw me and started laughing. "Look at you out in your pajamas! You're too much."

I thought it was darker than it really was and that we'd only be a minute. Obviously I was wrong. Next thing you know I'll be grocery shopping in my bathrobe.

10 comments:

Sean said...

I don't know what shocks me more...that you take of your pants to put on more pants or that you actually consciously went out in public in pajama pants. I'm not sure this transgression can be excused.

lehuutai said...

What wrong?

Jabacue said...

Sure sign that you feel 'right at home' in your neighbourhood!

madtexter ☺☺☺☺☺☺ (corey james) said...

Oh my goodness. You've become one of THOSE people! But the Dr. Pepper is kind of a swank look. Work that!

Greg said...

karma....watch out for it!!

tornwordo said...

Thats de rigeur in China. But then so are children squatting in the street, lol.

Ur-spo said...

last night I talked to a patient in my pajamas
how they got there, I don't know.

Lemuel said...

and it wasn't even casual Friday!

Peter said...

So THAT'S your wild side!! *wink*

Dean Grey said...

LOL!

-Dean