Saturday, June 19, 2010

New TV is Working

My television is finally working and with an upgraded high-def/DVR box and free HBO for my troubles.

Last night I watched Jaws: The Inside Story, a show I had "taped" (can you still say that?) a couple nights ago. I love shark shows. Sharks scare the hell out of me but at the same time I am fascinated by them. One of my most favorite movies is Jaws and the Bio channel had this documentary on its making which was right up my alley.

Besides the fun of a new television, it was a long week.

Chris' step-mother passed away last weekend so we had funeral arrangements for that. His side of the family wasn't all that close to her but the few times I had met her I hold as fond memories. No one but her husband and daughter knew she was sick with cancer. How apropos, we'll be holding her in our thoughts as we walk the cancer walk tomorrow. (Speaking of which you can still sponsor us, even a couple bucks, by clicking here.)

Today we have a ton of errands to do to get ready for the tomorrow's walk and the cookout we'll be hosting afterward. We've got about 20 people coming by. It should be fun but putting it all together can be stressful.

This morning I'm dropping Bandit off for a haircut. I'm debating whether or not to bring him on the walk. He loves it but it's going to be hot. I don't want him to get heat exhaustion. I figure if I at least get he's haircut he'll fair better.

Alright, off to get the day rolling.

2 comments:

Lemuel said...

I assume the trouble was somewhere in the cable given the peace offering, but the best news is that you (or your tv) is whole again.

Yeah, it's brutally hot so you do not want to expose Bandit to that for very long.

My condolences to Chris's family.

Ur-spo said...

in summer we trim the dog down to a stubble, a sort of dog heiny.