Friday, July 30, 2010

Devastations Among Us!

Watching the Disaster (Credit: Mister Disaster)

This morning. Disaster of all disasters! I was very upset, almost too upset to post but I'll (sniffle) get through. Now.

I have the day off. We have plans to head into Boston, see Ovo this evening, dinner in town etc. I mentioned all this earlier in the week. On top of that, last night we saw my neighbor's band perform, raising money for another friend's Pan-Mass challenge. The band was excellent, the night a lot of fun.

So this morning I woke up a little later than usual. Why not? Got home late, no work today. I feed Bandit, let him out. I then go to make coffee. I grind the beans, pour in the water, put on the switch. Nothing. I thought well maybe the plug was pulled out. Chris sometimes does that instead of just shutting it off. No. I unplug, replug, re-switch. At this point the panic is rising. I've got to have my coffee! I frantically click the switch over and over.

Finally I succumb to the disaster. The machine has been acting up the last couple of days. It had been shutting off after only being on for a short time. I head upstairs, get my wallet and head out to the local coffee shop.

Today's must do: Get a new coffeemaker.

11 comments:

Mark said...

Yes, sometimes Horrible things happen to good people. History is full of these events. But please, don't turn your back on God. He knows that you're stuggling and is with you during this time.
As I sit here with my Huge mug of piping hot coffee, I can only imagine the pain that you are in.
Take comfort in your Friends.
m.

madtexter (corey james) said...

I'm afraid I can't empathize with you on the coffee thing. I don't drink coffee - makes me nauseous. But I would panic if there wasn't a Coke in the fridge when I woke up. That I can't do without in the morning.

RG said...

Target is having a sale.

Lemuel said...

Aauugghhh!!!!
That's why I keep those emergency packets of instant on hand. They are a poor substitute, but will do in crisis situations like this. :)

Peter said...

What's wrong with doing it the old fashioned way? O sorry, I forgot you don't have a filter and filterpaper... ;)

Jabacue said...

Hey, you got through it Rick, relatively unscathed!!! Good for you. Now get out and get a new one.....BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!

Ur-spo said...

I think this is a great opportunity to come over to the good side, viz. TEA !

Greg said...

It's a sign to give up coffee....

Jason, as himself said...

Oh, no. No, no, no! Say it isn't so! This is my worst nightmare.

tornwordo said...

This is why there's always a jar of instant in the cupboard. I WILL have my caffeine before leaving the house come hell or highwater.

Mike said...

And so? Did you find a new coffeemaker? You left us hanging here!