Sunday, July 25, 2010

Stiring Balls

Photo Credit: Spiralysis by Solecism

Okay...finally I have a moment to write something. This past week has been balls to the walls. (I love that expression.) Let me take a couple of minutes to sit and relax whilst the meatballs and Italian sausages are simmering for the second cookout of the weekend.

Just to catch you up to date...

This past work week was non-stop. On top of the projects, our parent company has recently started a GLBTA (Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender and Allies) organization of which I've been heavily involved.
Thursday, our little office of 500-ish hosted our first company-wide event. Originally there were only 3 of us. That blossomed to 7 by the end of day. Thursday night we met up with the Boston chapter to see The Kids are All Right with Annette Bening and Julianne Moore. It was brilliant. I love both those actresses and they did a phenomenal job.

Friday work. Saturday morning more work...went into to catch up. And also yesterday, as I alluded to, we went to a cookout that started in the late afternoon. We didn't get home till 1 am.

Up early to cook for this afternoon's event.

Chris is on vacation this upcoming week. I'm not; though I am taking a half day Thursday and all day Friday. We're doing a Salem day on Thursday and Friday into Boston to see Cirque du Soleil's Ovo. Should be fun.

Alright, gotta go stir the balls.

8 comments:

Peter said...

All your days filled with work and no play, and on your afternoon off you can play with your balls. ;-)

The ones for the pasta of course, don't get me wrong!

Jabacue said...

A man's got to do, what a man's got to do! Have a great week.
Jim

Ur-spo said...

The first time I went to Cirque, a clown caught me yawning, and came down to sit on my lap/face, and drag me up on stage for humiliation. oh the pain.

Lemuel said...

I love Cirque!
best wishes for the success of the new group!
My mind also goes to the mental image of... if the balls are to the wall then... oh, my!

Mark said...

Hi Rick. Thanks for stopping by my site the other day and for the compliment.
You sound like a really busy and interesting guy and I can't wait to learn more about you and your life. I'm sure that one day I'll feel so close that I'll be making comments about your "balls" just like Peter.
Your New Friend, m.

Greg said...

I have yet to see a Cirque show. Does that mean I need to turn in my Pink Card? Maybe if (meaning when) we see The Kids Are All Right, that will increase my pinkness ratio?

Sardine Mama said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Sorry your first time had to be the world's longest post...ever...but you've proven stamina (if, in fact, you made it to the end). I'm writing a novel, too (now you've caught me - i read your profile). It is my first attempt at a fictional novel. What are you writing?

BosGuy said...

I almost went to see this movie in Provincetown last week when I was there. I wonder if it is still playing at the Kendall in Cambridge.

Enjoy Cirque...