Tuesday, July 06, 2010

The Weekend is Over

"No, don't do this to me. The weekend's not over...no!"

This is how I felt rolling out of bed at 6:30 this morning. Late for me. Even Bandit was still asleep. He usually starts grunting and moaning no later than 5 a.m. for me to get up.

Needless to say I'm running late but I need to sit, sip my coffee and wake up.

The weekend was fantastic. Sunday was the family cookout and then a fantastic fireworks display in Salem. The rest of the weekend was spent relaxing and doing yard work.

I have spent way too much money on plants this season. I need to stop! Seems like every time we go out, we stop at the nursery and just pick up a couple of "things" for the yard. $50 later...

6 comments:

Jabacue said...

This is so funny....we said the same thing. We always find room for more plants. And how can you walk past that plant you just can't live without! Mind you we have slowed down quite a bit the past couple of years as far as buying more goes, but we can't resist certain ones....the latest was a purple corkscrew witch-hazel . Just couldn't not do it. Hooked I guess.

Michael Rivers said...

6:30am is late for you? Wow. I wasn't sure the clock even worked at that time. LOL.

Take pics of your yard with all the fun stuff you're buying!

Ur-spo said...

I used to spend a lot of money like that - is is a never ending hobby - and expensive too !

Lemuel said...

Everything in our yard is drying up and dying. :(

Will said...

It's addictive, isn't it? Right now, we're battling to save a fortune in new planting done this spring. We water heavily in the evening and everything's dried out by mid-afternoon the next day.

Jason, as himself said...

I love the summer too.

Our last house had a huge, high maintenance yard. It kept me busy every weekend and I was doing things with it on weeknights, too. We spent a TON of money on plants.

And then we sold it and moved to a home with a smaller, almost zero maintenance yard.