Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Catching Up from the Long Weekend

Good mornin' peeps! Just wanted to write a quick little update.

This past weekend was fantastic! I was off Thursday and Friday, making for a nice long weekend. Thursday we spent the day in Salem doing touristy things and Friday more touristy things in Boston. We saw Cirque du Soleil's Ovo very interesting. And we had dinner at Salvatore's on the waterfront of South Boston. They had this wonder chicken ceasar salad pizza! Who would have thought.

The Ovo stage from my cell phone

On Saturday we mostly stayed but headed out to do our usual errands, bought some swordfish and had that on the grill for dinner. Yummy! I talked to my friend Phyllis on the phone...hadn't talked to her in a dog's age.

Earlier in the day we stopped by to see Chris' dad who isn't doing very well. He's really gone downhill since his wife passed away. We fear he's physically sick - more than just emotional grief - but just won't let on.

Sunday saw us spending more time at the house. I put the fertilizer down on the lawn and later that night we went out for steak tips at our favorite haunt. We tried watching Shark Week on the Discovery channel but fell asleep at 9:30.

To sum it all up, I had a great weekend. And there's only five more weeks till our Maine trip!

7 comments:

Mark said...

9:30PM, huh? Now I don't feel so bad, or old.
I think I'm going to dump some salad on a slice of pizza and see how that goes. Thanks for the idea.
m.
p.s. Did you get that coffee maker?

madtexter (corey james) said...

Now THAT is an action-packed weekend. You would need 4 day to do all that.

I just came off a 4-day weekend a week or so ago. Thinking I should make at least one 4-day weekend every month. It would be good if we all slowed down a bit once in awhile so we can keep things in perspective.

Jabacue said...

Salvatore's eh! Our fav pizza place is of the same name. Sounds like you guys had a good weekend. We've got to get back to Boston area soon.....it's been a few years now. Love that place.

Thomas (Tom) Rimington said...

ok Rick, I've always seen you were a Virgo (not that I am all that into astrology) you need to email me with your actual DOB...

tomrimington@cox.net

Glad to hear you had an exciting weekend too... I would so love to live up your way!

Tom

Ur-spo said...

5 weeks will fly by.
I hope you like seafood.

Rick said...

@Tom - actually birthday is 9/15

Lemuel said...

It sounds like a delightful long weekend with lots of varied pleasures. I miss bumming around around Boston (especially the Marketplace). We used to take a day or two every September when we took our son back to college there.