Wednesday, September 15, 2010

44 and Counting!

Well, today's the day. I'm officially 44. Hard to believe really. I still think of myself as in my 20s. Perhaps 40 really is the new 20.

So what am I doing for my birthday. Working. Then traveling to a conference in upstate New York. I'll be there for a couple of days then back on Friday.

We'll be celebrating my birthday on Saturday. We're going to my favorite restaurant. The food is impeccable and the service is great. What more could you want?

Facebook is wonderful. I've already gotten about 10 or so birthday wishes, and it's only 6 in the morning. Also Chris had a card out for me; it was sitting on top of my laptop for he knew when I got up I'd see it. So sweet.

Anyway, other than turning another year older it's just a regular old day.

Here I am birthdays ago. I don't remember if this was actually my birthday or one of my friends' who are standing. Regardless, I'm glad I've been able to kick the cigarette habit since then (note ashtray to my right).

14 comments:

tornwordo said...

Happy happy!

Peter said...

You've added only a few years since that picture was taken. Older and wiser too... I hope. ;)

When others think why I don't congratulate you, that was taken care off in advance.

Mark said...

I'm guessing it was your birthday since you have more feathers on your head. Cher wore the same headdress when she sang Half-Breed on the Flip Wilson show. I bet that's where you got the inspiration for the party.
Happy Birthday.
Your Friend, m.

Jabacue said...

Have a good one Rick!

Sean said...

Happy birthday!

Michael Rivers said...

Happy Birthday!! Hope you have a great time.

Greg said...

Happy Birthday!!

the cajun said...

Happy day and many more to come. I like what Mark said best. Yeah, Cher - half breed and the Flip Wilson show.

Lemuel said...

belated happy birthday!

BosGuy said...

Looks like a delicious menu. Enjoy your birthday dinner. Glad it was so beautiful for your birthday. I hope you were able to enjoy a bit of it.

Rick said...

@Torn -- thanks my friend.

@Pete -- you got me first!

@Mark -- I've been had! I bet I was trying to be Cher.

@Cajun -- Flip Wilson, used to love him!

@BosGuy -- they do have a great menu...looking forward to it.

@Jim, Sean, Michael, Greg, Lemeul -- thank you!

RG said...

Happy 24th anniversary of your 20th birthday!

Ur-spo said...

I've been away - I hope your next year is the best one ever.

Jason, as himself said...

You so don't seem 44!