Wednesday, September 01, 2010

In Our Tree Last Night


Last night while Chris was watering the flowers and Bandit was barking, Chris came in "Rick, Rick you have to come see!" I went out front where there were four baby raccoons - so cute - nestled together high up in our tree. I walked over. They stared and then moved up even higher. After oogling them for a few, we finally left them alone. They then came down and headed off into the back woods. Poor things...they were so small. I don't know what happened to their mother.

Bandit was funny with them. He was barking but more of a hello bark than an I wanna go after them bark. Don't ask me how I know this...I just do. Similar bark to when he wants to come in, or is trying to get my attention.

9 comments:

Peter said...

Better keep those dustbins under lock and key now! ;)

madtexter (corey james) said...

Cuuuuuuuuuuuuute! Bandit meets the 3 little bandits.

Jabacue said...

Bandit probably 'senses' they are young. I find dogs are good at sensing things before we do.
Jim

Ur-spo said...

Charming !

wcs said...

Cute, from a distance! There aren't any raccoons in France, unless you count the ones in the nearby zoo.

Lemuel said...

Some good advice above: Keep your trash - and your house - secure and let them alone. You don't want them finding an apartment in your attic! and if mama is around you don't want to mess with the babies. You might want to keep an eye on them too to make sure that they are not rabid. They are cute, but...

Rick said...

@Peter - dustbins are secure.

@Corey - aren't they adorable?

@Jacacue - you could be right, the canine instinct.

@Spo - charming indeed.

@wcs - No raccoons in France? Who would've known.

@Lemuel - I know, cute but...I haven't seen them since. I think they were just passing by.

Jason, as himself said...

So cute. Trouble, but so cute.

Stephen said...

I loved this post becasue it happened to us here on the other coast:
http://nopoboho.blogspot.com/2010/06/trouble-with-coons.html

Fun blog... I am glad I stopped by.
Best wishes from Portland.