Sunday, November 14, 2010

Bandit's New Apparel

Bandit got his haircut. It's a little too short. The groomer said he was all matted under his belly and on his legs. He was biting at her as she tried to comb the mats out so wound up having to buzz him. I think he looks adorable. Though I think he's feeling a little naked.

While he was getting groomed we went to PetCo to use up a gift card. We got him a new raincoat and Christmas pajamas. He looks a little sad in wearing them. I'm not sure if its due to his haircut or feeling silly in costume. You be the judge.



Pardon the graininess of the pictures. They're from my BlackBerry, not the greatest of cameras.

As for other things, my back is doing much better! Though I'm hesitant to jinx myself again. So I won't say much more.

Looking forward to going to Florida in a couple of weeks - visiting for Thanksgiving. I also found out a good friend of mine will be visiting back here during that same time. I'm hoping to catch up with him the Sunday after Thanksgiving: I'll be back by then; he and his wife will be flying out that night.

Over and out...

14 comments:

Jabacue said...

Bandit looks cute! if somewhat uncomfortable with his new outfits. We like Sophie with short hair too. Easier to look after and makes her look slimmer.
Easy on that back Rick.
Jim

Peter said...

Bandit looks cute in his pajamas, but the raincoat is silly. Let a dog be a dog.

Julius would have non of that, he prefers to come in 'the tent', a large terry towel, where he gets rubbed and dried before he swings all his fur back in place.

madtexter (corey james) said...

Awww, soooo cuuuuuute. I always say 'the dog MUST be dressed!' And our dogs are no exception, especially when it comes to Christmas gear. They don't like it, but I don't care. They're gonna look great, dang it!

Rick said...

@Jim - it is rather slimming not that you say it

@Peter - he does look a bit like a sunflower with the raincoat

@Corey - glad I'm not the only one

Lemuel said...

Oh, I love Bandit in the Slicker! Quite appropriate for an old sea dog in MA, I'd say.
Happy to hear good news about the back.

Rick said...

@Lemuel - thanks Lemuel..he does kinda look like a sea captain or something.

Vương Tử Trực said...

I like him in raincoat. So cute!

Greg said...

Bandit looks as though he should be on a ship trawling the waters for fish, storms be damned! It's actually quite an adorable look!

sophie...^5 said...

Hey Bandit...I'm Jabacue's puppy and haircuts can be humiliating. I started this ritual last Nov and have had 3 cuts. I guess it's for the best since everyone says I look a lot better...scheesh!
Anyway, high 5(^5) to you and yours!
Sophie...^5

Rick said...

@Vuoung - glad you like it!

@Greg - he's got his sea legs on

@Sophie - thanks for stopping by...Bandit says hello back!

Ur-spo said...

I too think Mr Bandit looks tres chique

Rick said...

Thanks Spo!

CJ/Rick said...

That is too precious. I like the jammies.
Groomers always complain about my golden but say the lab is a breeze to groom. I think it's because she has long hair and it's more labor intensive. My girl can't be difficult.
Glad your back is better!

Rick said...

@CJ/Rick - Bandit is usually good with the groomer but if he's matted not so much.