Friday, December 10, 2010

P.F. Chang's and Shopping

Last night Chris and I had a date at the mall. We met up after work to do some shopping. It wasn't as crowded as I had imagined but seeing that we were there around dinner time and that it was a Thursday I guess it was expected.

We went to stores I didn't even know existed. The mall has changed so much since I was a kid. I used to hang around there all the time. Now you wouldn't even recognize it. Chris' goddaughter wanted clothes from all the "cool" shops. She's a teenager now so Hollister, American Eagle, Aeropostle and the like was were it was at. I felt so old being waited on by kids and asking questions like, "is there a store called Pink?" And, "what are yoga pants?"

After trudging through the kid stores and a stop, for myself, at Macy's to get a couple of Lenox tree ornaments, a tradition, we were off to P.F. Chang's for dinner. I had never been there. The food was delicious! They had a to-die-for banana spring roll dessert with coconut ice cream. I had a couple of bites and that was it. I was so full and besides well over my caloric intake for the day.

Only one more week of work and I'm off for the rest of the year!

10 comments:

Jabacue said...

That banana dessert sounds oh so good! It's only 8:30 AM and I'm thinking desserts....thanks Rick!
Yes, nieces and nephews can keep us on our toes as far as trends go. Remember when we were their age?
Have a great weekend.
Jim

tornwordo said...

Sorry but the dessert sounds gross! Can't wait for next Friday either, I'm off for a month!

wcs said...

I've never been to PF Chang's. There's one in Albany, right next to the Cheesecake Factory. In the mall, of course.

Ur-spo said...

I too have never been to Mr. Chang's place. I see them in Scottsdale - I should drop in and ask for his banana sweet.

Rick said...

@Jim - what would we do w/o that younger generation...I'd still be wearing my Jordache

@Torn - So now I know how you lost weight

@wcs - Ours is next to a Cheesecake Factory too...they must be in cohoots!

@Spo - it is certainly yummy!

A Lewis said...

I am not a fan of chain restaurants...including PF Changs. But, honestly, their garlic snow peas and green beans (or is it asparagus???) are amazing!

Rick said...

@Arnie - they do have good dishes, despite it being a chain.

CJ/Rick said...

We have one that opened recently here in Sugar Land. I might have to check it out now.
I haven't been in a mall for so long. Everyone on my list wants cash and has for years.
I know you're looking forward to that time off.

sophie...^5 said...

Bandit can't wait for all that 'me' time with you guys! Can really understand that need! Enjoy!

Nancy said...

A date at the mall sounds great!! Your post tells how much you enjoyed. Keep posting!!

This is Nancy from Israeli Uncensored News