Monday, January 17, 2011

A No Structure Day

No more Patriots this season. With the fireplace roaring, Bandit sporting his Patriots shirt we all sat watching yesterday's game only to be disappointed at the 28 to 21 defeat from the Jets. Around half-time Bandit gave up and went downstairs. I'm not sure if he left because he sensed the impending loss or because of the screaming and yelling. (He might need therapy.)

Today I am off while Chris, with tail between his legs (or wait no...that's supposed to be Bandit), heads off to work. Bandit and I have the house to ourselves. I'm sipping a cup of coffee (which is cold I think I'll grab a new one) and Bandit has gone back to sleep (the life of a dog).

On today's agenda is some more writing; I wrote yesterday but with the game, I got distracted. I also need to pick up a few things at the grocery store and Walgreens. I love days like these - no structure. Funny how I just got off of vacation and was complaining about not having structure and feeling bored. Well, already back two weeks I'm no longer complaining.

I'd like to acknowledge that today's lack of structure is brought to you in part by Martin Luther King Jr. (or as Chris says with his slurred Boston accent: Mahtha Lutha King) as well as donations from my company.


Enjoy your day!

4 comments:

Jim said...

A great man he was!
Rick, have a wonderful 'no structure day'! Good to have these once in a while, eh?

Ur-spo said...

alas, for me it was a work day like always.
although the traffic was much lighter.

CJ/Rick said...

I hope you and Bandit enjoyed the day. Can you believe the Patriots and Falcons? I'm still kind of shoked from the weekend play. But like another blog said:at least Tom Brady has all his money and a super model to sleep with.

Ron said...

If you like the lack of structure days, then you will LOVE retirement! That is the Number One thing I love about retirement, the lack of structure. I decide what I want and will do when I wake up that day. Except of course for those two days that I work part-time at the hotel. But that's a good thing too because my part-time job gives me something to work around during the week. For me this is the perfect balance. I could never go back to the full-time,8 hours (or more), 5 days a week, 50 weeks a year just looking forward to my tiny 2 week vacation. I've been living this life for 10 years now and it never gets old. This is something for you to look forward too Believe me, it is the best way to live. I hope you have a long retirement.