Saturday, February 05, 2011

Seeping Creative Juices

I'm sorry I haven't been posting as much. With all the STSNBN a conundrum of what else to discuss has ensued. So when such a quandary occurs I usually do one of two things: avoid the present by looking to the future or avoid the present by thinking about the past. Lately I've been delving into my earlier days with thoughts of bringing those experiences forward so that is where Bandit Talks shall land today.

Recently I've been pondering the chance, then again I think anybody can, to help produce a Broadway revival production of Godspell. I've been dabbing my left big toe back into the world of creativity. 2004-2005 got the last whiff of my involvement in theatrics (that is not personal);
I bet you didn't know I was producer of a short film, called The Parting and also acted in another short which, to this day, I've never seen; it lies lost somewhere in the depths of ones digital camera/PC. (We used to say 'strips in editing' but make no never mind.) Anyway, with the hoopla of completing my book (did I mention that...perhaps not...so now you know) my creative juices have been seeping.

Last night typing up a letter to an agent (I'm seeking representation so if anyone knows of a good one give me a jingle!) my mind wandered back to my days in New York City - a life time ago. I thought about when I wanted to be an actor. Hmmm...

6 comments:

Thomas (Tom) Rimington said...

Hey Rick! Congrats on finishing the book... Love to Bandit...

Tom

Jim said...

Good morning Rick! Good to 'see' you again.
Well, a producer, writer, actor, blogger and a Daddy to Bandit.....multi-talented indeed! I'd say 'go' for Godspell! What a great way to channel energy in a positive direction. Hope it all works out for you. Good luck.

Peter said...

You're surprising me again, you're a multi-talent indeed.

About the book... I'm still waiting.

madtexter (corey james) said...

Yay for you! I luuuuurve people who write. Rick, you're gonna be great. I know your posts, and if that's any indication of your full-on writing ability, you'll be fine.

Big hug and all best to your new endeavor.

Rick said...

@Tom - thanks man!

@Jim - multi-something anyway

@Peter - thanks for all your support appreciate the contacts

@Corey - thanks for the support, especially the hug!

BosGuy said...

Very cool Rick. I loved the musical Godspell but have not seen it in years. Curious to read what happens.