Friday, May 27, 2011

Extra Long Weekend and Marrying a Condo

Did you think I forgot about you? I've been a bad, bad boy, neglecting my blogging duties such as I have. There's just no excuse, other than being insanely busy. But I have today off to make for an extra long weekend.

My brother and his boyfriend are in town. They arrived on Wednesday and have been staying with my sister the last couple of nights but today I'm taking them into town and then they'll be spending the weekend with us. We've got lots of fun plans!

So kind of big news: Looks as if Chris and I are getting a condo in Florida. This will be for vacations and an investment. Everything is under agreement now. We're just waiting for everything to finalize, with a closing toward the end of June. Exciting!

Pool at the Condo

This changes our vacation plans we had laid out for the rest of the year. We had been planning on getting married in November and then taking a cruise. Instead, we're still getting married, but no big wedding and no cruise. Real estate instead. It's what we both wanted.

Besides lots of yard work, that's what has been going on. Till later!

11 comments:

Ron said...

I thought it was something I said or did. What a relief!

wcs said...

Terrific! Can't wait to see more pictures! When do you close?

Thomas (Tom) Rimington said...

Awesome news, and a much better investment than a big wedding or expensive honeymoon cruise! Let us know where it is and if you guys are planning any weekly rentals!

Jim said...

Congrats all around you two!

Ur-spo said...

congratulations on the condo purchase !

Peter said...

Congrats on the condo and the upcoming wedding.

Rick said...

@ron - of course not!
@walt - end of June
@Tom - that's what I thought
@Jim - thanks Jim!
@spo - thanks!
@Peter thank you!

Will said...

Very good news, the marriage in particular!

You commented on mine: "Congrats! And so glad you like the Tuscan Grill. We should meet up there one day!"
Yes, that was my first thought when you said you hadn't been there in a while and wanted to go back. We'd love to.

Charlie B. said...

Congrats on the condo and enjoy the weekend!

CJ/Rick said...

Congrats on the pending. Will Bandit like the heat and humidity of Florida?
Enjoy your long weekend.

tornwordo said...

I want a condo in Florida too! Too bad all the money is locked up in the present buildings. Where did you settle on, Fort Lauderdale?