Saturday, May 14, 2011

Home Sick: In the News

The other day I was home sick. I’ve been fighting a baby cold or some allergy thing for about a week. It finally got the best of me. Anyway, I slept all day because I slept like @ss the night before so anyway I rolled out of bed a 4pm. It was sunny out so I decided to take my book and read on the front porch.

As I was reading I could hear a helicopter hovering about. I didn’t think too much of it until ½ hour later with it still there it became annoying. I got off the porch and into the yard so I could see where it was. Off in the distance, a couple miles north it was hovering. Realizing something must be going on I went inside and put on the television. Remember Dairy Witch, my favorite ice cream place from the last post? The owner lives across the street from his shop. Apparently a delivery truck slammed into the front of his house. No one was hurt, thank goodness, and they’re not quite sure how it happened but it certainly made the news.

Truck Hits Salem Home (Photo courtesy of Boston.com)

Geez, I hope I didn't jinx him.

Also of interest, especially those of you not accustomed to snow, may be the snow pile here in Massachusetts that refuses to melt. Here it is the middle of May and we still have remnants of our horrid winter. Check it out! This things still huge!

By the way, I'm feeling a little bit better. I think it's allergies, annoying post-nasal drip that gets me hacking uncontrollably, keeping me up at night.

6 comments:

Jim said...

You guys sure had a ton of the white stuff!
Seasonal allergies can be a real pain Rick....hope you are feeling better soon.

Ron said...

Oh I remember the days when we used to live in Pennsylvania when the snow just hung around forever. I don't miss those days. I hope you're feeling better soon Rick. Nothing more annoying than a lingering cold.

Mark said...

Next time Dairy Witch better honor those coupons!
Take care of yourself. m.

Ur-spo said...

nasty thing; post nasal drip.
I hope you are better soon.

Greg said...

I'm glad no one was injured. Hopefully, this won't inhibit your ice cream cravings.

CJ/Rick said...

I hope you're feeling better soon. The colds of spring/summer are the hardest to shake sometimes.
Mercy. You did have your share of snow. what a shame. We would have loved some of it down here.