Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Fun

Had a wonderful weekend with my family. As I mentioned in my last post, my brother was up visiting from Florida. He and his boyfriend shared time between a our place and my sister's place.

Sunday we spent the day in Boston. We walked about 5 miles (as marked on my sister's pedometer), went on a tour of Boston Harbor and had a fabulous dinner in the North End.

Yesterday was the family cookout - lots to eat and fun to be had. Then back home to let Bandit out to do his stuff.

At the Cookout (left to right): Chris, Me, My Sister, My Brother, J.C.

All in all the weekend was great. The weather - surprisingly - splendid; in fact, I had to turn on the air conditioners. So busy I didn't even get time to mow the lawn but I'll do that some night this week.

I'll be heading down to Florida in a month to see them again. Then I think they're coming back up here in October for a wedding.  Now onto the short work week...

10 comments:

Mark said...

So good that you got to spend time with your Brother and Sister. Are you the baby? m.

Jim said...

What a happy crew! Looks like you had a good time together.

Ur-spo said...

Thank you for the updates !

wcs said...

What a handsome group!

Craig said...

Sounds like a fun weekend.

Greg said...

It was a beautiful weekend. Glad you and the family had a great time!

Ron said...

As someone we all know quite well would say "You all had a jolly good time."

Ron said...

As someone we all know quite well would say "You all had a jolly good time."

Peter said...

Mark asked the question I wanted to ask you too. You must be the youngest in your [portait] family. [I'm not counting Chris or J.C.]

Glad you had a memorable Memorial Day.

Rick said...

@Mark - yes I am
@Jim - splendid time!
@Spo - glad you enjoyed
@wcs - why thank u!
@Craig - very fun indeed
@Greg - weather was beautiful
@Ron - "jolly" good time indeed
@Peter - youngest in the family, but chris is only a couple month younger