Sunday, June 26, 2011

Too Long Without a Post

I just got back last night from a couple days in Florida visiting my mom for her 75th birthday. We had a good time. While down there I was "supposed" to close on the condo but due to an issue with the title it did not happen.

About a month ago, my sister and I had planned a trip down to surprise my mother for her birthday. In the meantime, as you may recall, we decided to buy a condo. Since both were happening around the same time I thought I could kill two birds with one stone: celebrate and close. The closing has now been pushed out a couple of weeks; evidently the person that owned it willed it to his son who died in the interim. The son's heirs are the ones I've been dealing with as the sellers so it's just a matter of pushing paperwork through probate - shouldn't be a big deal.

Other than that I'm headed out to do the Cancer Walk (in a few minutes). There's still time to donate! Didn't want you to think I forgot about Bandit Talks...just been super busy.

Over and out...

Rick
North Shore Cancer Walk (2010)

9 comments:

Thomas (Tom) Rimington said...

Glad to hear that things are well with you Rick... I remembered you posting about a Florida trip so wasn't too worried about Bandit not posting...

Enjoy yourselves!

Peter said...

Have a great North Shore Walk with Chris and Bandit. You've reached your goal, in my mind I walk the way with you.

Ur-spo said...

hurrah! A new post ! I am happy !

Craig said...

Good to hear your news. Good luck with the closing.

Rick said...

@Tom- thanks for following along

@Peter - you rascal...you did it again!!!

@Spo - you gave me the impetus

@Craig - Thank you!

Jim said...

Trusting the 'walk' went well Rick. Thanks for dropping by this morning!

Rick said...

@Jim - yes, the walk was great!

Ron said...

I always look forward to your fun and interesting posts. Absence just makes the (heart)grow fonder.

the cajun said...

Glad you're back, but sorry for all the snags dealing with the FL place.

Happy 4Th. to you.

Cheers.