Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Yes, I'm Still Here...

Is it really August already? It can't be! I have yet to put down my Step 3 lawn fertilizer (hopefully get to this weekend).

Wow, this has been a crazy summer. Well first off, we got the condo. Yeah! We closed on 7/21 and have been very busy ever since coordinating the work to be done plus doing everything here (except apparently fertilizing the grass). We flew down this past weekend to meet up with the contractor and pick out furniture and materials. It's very exciting but stressful at the same time.

Now that I have another property to support I've gone "extreme" with my coupons. Don't be surprised if you see me in the aisles (like the lady below) cheering about my grocery bill down. In fact, you know you've gone extreme when you get a box of tampons and hair scrunchies, in a household full of short-haired men, for free. I did this the other day at Walgreens. I was so excited! Don't worry; they're going to charity.

6 comments:

Jim said...

Hey Rick! Now why did you have to bring up coupons!!!!???? That's all I need! Deep breath Jim......seriously maybe I will consider figuring what that woman SAVED!
Nice you have the condo. You won't regret it!

Mark said...

Just you wait! We started couponing in March and now we are addicted to it. Well, we haven't gone as far as buying tampons. I mean, we're not that crazy! But still, it is in the back of our minds as we are shopping and now we hate to pay full price on anything. And when you do, you feel like they just robbed you. Again, just you wait!
Your Friend, m.
p.s. Congrats on the Condo.
You get to buy furniture! I'm so jealous. m.

the cajun said...

About time you got back. Congrats on the new condo.

Now, you REALLY need to get fired up and work them coupons, child.

Now go and fertilize that parched lawn. ;-}

Peter said...

Can the furniture be paid with coupons too? Or are they paid with what you saved.

I think it costs more getting to and from the shops in petrol money these days.

Jim said...

Rick, would you email a phone number to call you if we decide to head towards Salem? It would be nice to meet you guys over a coffee maybe.

Ur-spo said...

I was pleased as punch to see you posting !
thank you for the updates.!