Tuesday, October 04, 2011

I'm Not Retiring Just Yet

Bandit has asked me, prompted by Spo, to provide an update. First off let's set the rumors straight, I am not retiring Bandit Talks. With the popularity of Facebook and Twitter, many of my blog friends have closed down shop in lieu of smaller tweets and postings. I prefer a lengthier forum.

So what's going? Well suffice it to say I've been busy: back to work post-vacation and playing catch up, refinancing the house at a much better interest rate, tending to my crop of crab grass, attending to plumbing issues in Florida from afar, coupon shopping and doing the normal day to day. Yet one thing I've neglected is my writing and Bandit Talks. So yes I am still here and no Bandit Talks is not retiring.

On writing, I've also taken my book down from authonomy.com. Having it there for close to six months, it peaked in low 200s (out of thousands) - not too bad - and I got some really good constructive feedback. I am now going into another rewrite. I've got some ideas in my head and just need the time to get them down on paper.

Okay onto the day. Over and out...

5 comments:

Stew said...

It's been a good year for crab grass.
Good to hear everything is going good.

Ur-spo said...

I am very glad to hear you are alive and well.
If I hear of another blog closing down I will become quite depressed.

the cajun said...

"tending the crop of crab grass" now that's priceless. I remember those days well - glad they are in the past.

Rewrite and rewrite, just go with it. Glad you're staying with us.

BosGuy said...

Glad you'll be hanging around.

CJ/Rick said...

Glad you're not retiring. I check in just to see Bandit's picture at top. I love it.
Crab grass has got to be better than dead grass. Landscaping should be big business here once we get some relief of this terrible drought.