Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Help

This past week I finished "The Help" by Kathyrn Stockett and last night saw the movie. As always, the book is better but I have to say I did find the film to have added some subtle differences between characters that made it quite interesting.  And character of Stuart Whitworth was worth the price of admission...

Chris Lowell as Stuart in The Help

I hadn't been to the movies in quite a long time. It was nice to get out. Usually weekends are running errands and staying in. I felt so old being at the mall on a Saturday night. We had some time to kill prior to the movie so we went into Old Navy. There was very little I could get away with wearing without someone looking like they're trying to be in their 20s again.

Happy at 45 thank you.

Well nothing much else to write. Till later...

9 comments:

Jim said...

I can't remember the last time we were at a movie theatre!
I know what you mean about wearing clothes that one's mind says OK but reality says another!
Happy, too, being in my 60's!

Ur-spo said...

it was good to see you posting !

Greg said...

We're still debating about seeing this one. We've been steering clear of the movies for most of the year. We finally saw 50/50 over the weekend.

Ron said...

You are a YOUNG looking 45 my friend. You're cute too. Good to read your blog again Rick.

Ron said...

Oh by the way, I turned 70 last week. How would you like to look at THAT in the mirror every morning? I talk to my friends who are also in their early 70's and we all say the same thing..."WHAT HAPPENED?"

BosGuy said...

I've yet to see the movie, but am looking forward to watching it on demand one night this winter.

I loved, loved, loved the book and wrote about it on my blog too because it moved me so.

Glad to read about the eye-candy. I'll chalk that up as an added bonus.

BosGuy

CJ/Rick said...

I know what you mean. I HATE going to the movies at night. I try catching a matinee when possible. It's out on DVD soon so maybe I will catch it then.

Ron said...

A couple of weeks ago a friend asked me to go to a movie with him. We saw "J. Edgar" at one of those multiplex theaters. I didn't enjoy the theater probably because I am so totally spoiled by sitting in the comfort of my own bedroom watching my 60 inch perfect color high definition Aqous TV with surround sound. When I have to pee I put the TV on Pause and do my business plus I don't have to contend with other theater goers talking while I'm trying to watch a movie which I paid $10 to see. The quality of the big screen picture isn't as good as my HD TV either. I doubt if I'll ever go back to a theater again.

Ron said...

YES! The actor who played Stuart Whitworth was worth the price of admission. Hunky!

The Daily Puppy