Sunday, April 29, 2012

It's Been Awhile

So after the last couple of soap opera posts I want drag things out.  This is what's happened since:

Chris' dad passed away.  We found him dead, alone, when we went for our weekly visit - mid-February.  Very traumatizing...it wasn't a pretty scene.  Chris is faring well.  He has his good days and his bad. Last night was a particularly bad one.

On a happier note, we just got back from Florida.  We visited last week, enjoyed the sun and the roller coasters at Busch Gardens.  Here are a few pictures from our trip.

Coquina Beach, Florida

At the Condo

Rick Walking the Beach

Rick and Chris at Busch Gardens

My Favorite Dish:  Calamari Salad at Ezra's

Country Singer, Eric Von 
Animal at Busch Gardens

Pals Since Birth: Cheetah and Dog Playing
That's about it.  I'll try and post for regularly.

Rick

7 comments:

Peter said...

My condolences on the death of Chris's father. I hope he'll recover from finding him.

You know, the good memories stay, and they will push the bad memories to the back.

BosGuy said...

Deepest sympathies, that sounds horrifying, and I hope overtime the trauma subsides. I trust FL proved to be a helpful distraction for Chris.

Jim said...

Rick, give Chris our best, sorry for his/your loss.
How fortunate you had the condo to go to for some relaxation, and from the look of these photos, you did!
Take care an d'see' you soon.
Jim and Ron

the cajun said...

I am so sorry for your loss. After some time has passed, get out some pictures of good times you all had together and tell old stories. It helps, trust me.

Take care of Chris and yourself.

Rick said...

So sorry to hear of the loss of your loved one. A sudden unexpected death is always tough on those of us left behind.
Glad to see you're seeking some normalcy and fun in Florida. Continued healing for both of you and give Bandit a big hug!

Ur-spo said...

I too wish to join the condolences.
I was happy to see you posting - until I read the contents. Sad news, indeed.

Charles said...

Sorry to hear about Chris' dad, give him a hug for me.

The Daily Puppy